Test System Setup and Overclocking
Today we have a ton of boards in our graphs as we expand the amount of X99 motherboards that we've tested over the last few weeks. Alongside the EVGA X99 Classified, which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked, we have the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, ASRock X99X Killer, ASUS X99 Deluxe, and GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI, all of which are using our new i7 5960X EE.
Along with the boards mentioned above, we also have two Z97 boards using the i7 4790K, the ASRock Z97X Killer and the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII FORMULA. We've decided to pull the ASRock Z87 Killer, which was using the i7 4770K, out of our graphs since we now have so many boards using newer processors.
As always, before we get into the performance, we have to see what is going on with overclocking. As we mentioned on the last page, the EVGA UEFI BIOS is really a breeze to use. After heading into the overclock section of the BIOS, I messed around with the three main areas that we need to adjust to achieve overclocking, CPU Multiplier, BCLK, and core voltage.
After a whole lot of back and forth, messing around with all these settings, we ended with a 46x CPU Multiplier, and a 101.5 BCLK. The BCLK actually shows up around 101.7 in Windows. This gives us a clock speed of 4678MHz, or 4.68 as shown in our graphs. This is a really strong overclock, and should yield some awesome performance gains over the stock numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titan Quest coming to consoles in 2018, even Switch
- Lyft is officially open for service in Toronto, Canada
- 10 million Nintendo Switches have already been sold
- Google Maps update notifys you to get off at next stop
- Ataribox will open pre-orders this Thursday
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series