Toshiba HG6 Internals
The Toshiba THNSNJ512GCSU HG6 comes in the 2.5" form factor with a 7.2mm and 9.5mm z-height, with Toshiba branding. We can spot the thermal pads peeking out through the holes in the bottom of the case.
An additional four internal fasteners hold the HG6's PCB in place.
The PCB is fastened to a riser, which provides the correct gap between the PCB and thermal pads. These thick pads transfer heat from the components into the case to keep the drive cool in demanding environments.
The bottom of the PCB is bare, with all eight Toshiba A19nm Toggle 2.0 MLC NAND packages on top. We also spot the bare mounting pad for a DRAM package, which is not included in this model of the drive.
The custom Toshiba T635879BXBG controller powers the HG6.
Toshiba HG6 Specifications
The THNSNJ512GCSU also comes in a SED model, signified by the THNSNJ512GBSU part number.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba HG6 Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor