8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The average 8K random read speed of the Samsung SM843T is 37,251 IOPS at 256 OIO -second only to the SM843 at 44,444 IOPS. The Micron P400M scores 35,551 IOPS, and the Intel DC S3700 measures 45,423 IOPS. The SM843T closes the performance gap with 8K data, which is crucial for the majority of real-world workloads.
The SM843T narrows the latency gap considerably with 8k read activity.
The SM843T averages a very consistent 9,695 IOPS; the P400M averages 15,345 IOPS; the SM843 averages 6,254 IOPS; and the DC S3700 averages 17,263 IOPS. The SM843T continues to offer extremely consistent performance in heavy random write workloads.
The Intel DC S3700 and Micron P400m separate themselves from the pack with very good 8k write latency.
The SM843T falls into the same performance profile we witnessed with the 4k write percentage testing.
Power consumption for the SM843T averages 3.41 watts, the SM843 averages 3.54 watts, the P400M averages 4.27 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 3.96 watts. Once again, the SM843T sports miserly power consumption figures.
The SM843T averages 2,847 IOPS per watt; the P400M averages 3,577 IOPS per watt; the SM843 averages 2,234 IOPS per watt; and the DC S3700 averages 4,328 IOPS per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung SM843T Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam