It has certainly been awhile since we have had a two-bay NAS come through the lab here at TweakTown, with our last unit being the MyCloud EX II from WD.
Two-bay units like the Seagate NAS are typically targeted towards consumers wanting a simple network storage solution where they can store their photos, videos and music, and possibly access it via cloud infrastructure.
The latest lineup of NAS appliances from Seagate comes from the acquisition of LaCie. Built upon the Marvell Armada 370 platform, the two-bay unit we have in for review today adds to that with 512MB of DDR3, two USB 3.0 ports and a single gigabit Ethernet port.
New to the Seagate NAS lineup is the introduction of NAS OS 4, another product coming from the LaCie division, albeit reconfigured to fit the latest products. RAID modes included in the Seagate NAS include 0 and 1, and optionally if you so choose, you can enable SimplyRAID, which detects the disks installed and configures them in the most efficient manner, though it does carry a unique feature where it can handle disks of different capacity's similar to the way Drobo works with BeyondRAID.
Let's carry on now and take a close look at the unit.
Pricing and Availability
The Seagate NAS in its two-bay configuration can be had for $169.99 without disks, while carrying options for 2, 4, 8 and 10TB capacities for $249.99, $349.99, $499.99 and $699.99, respectively.
The Seagate Two-Bay NAS carries a one-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the Seagate NAS 2-Bay 4TB Network Attached Storage Drive for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo to miss 20 million Switch sales, analysts predict
- Decidueye was considered for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019