HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
This isn't the first SSD we've tested with the Silicon Motion SM2246 controller, but the ADATA SP610 is the only drive on the chart with one inside. Silicon Motion has several design wins with non-fab SSD makers.
The ADATA SP610 256GB doesn't have any issues reading sequential data. ADATA choose to use eight NAND packages for performance, and it was the right decision.
Writing data is what separates the value and performance SSDs. Most of the drives in the chart today are performance models. The Crucial MX100 256GB is the current value priced king and it's the drive ADATA needs to beat. In this test, the SP10 is around 15 MB/s on average slower than the MX100.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
After a reasonable amount of sequential and random writes, we tested the SP610 in HD Tach to see the 128KB sequential performance. For the majority of the write test, the SP610 ran really well. Towards the end of the test, the drive dipped to low levels twice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz