HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
This isn't the first SSD we've tested with the Silicon Motion SM2246 controller, but the ADATA SP610 is the only drive on the chart with one inside. Silicon Motion has several design wins with non-fab SSD makers.
The ADATA SP610 256GB doesn't have any issues reading sequential data. ADATA choose to use eight NAND packages for performance, and it was the right decision.
Writing data is what separates the value and performance SSDs. Most of the drives in the chart today are performance models. The Crucial MX100 256GB is the current value priced king and it's the drive ADATA needs to beat. In this test, the SP10 is around 15 MB/s on average slower than the MX100.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
After a reasonable amount of sequential and random writes, we tested the SP610 in HD Tach to see the 128KB sequential performance. For the majority of the write test, the SP610 ran really well. Towards the end of the test, the drive dipped to low levels twice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World devs have no plans for Nintendo Switch
- God of War confirmed release date and new story trailer
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top