Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
Priced at around the $300 mark, this is a great motherboard when it comes to bang for buck. While it lacks some of the more stand out features that we've seen from other motherboards, it still offers a ton of extras at an awesome price point, and looks awesome at the same time.
Looking at this motherboard, you can see just the kind of system that would sit perfectly around it. Paired with the i7 5820K, 16GB of DDR4, and a really nice single video card solution, you would have yourself a system that would offer tons of performance without busting your bank account wide open.
What GIGABYTE offers here with the X99 UD5 WIFI is what the company always tends to offer with the UD5 line of boards: An all-around solid performing option that doesn't cost a fortune. If you're looking for something a bit more user specific, then we have X99 GAMING G1 WIFI for those you who are looking for something targeted more at gamers, while the X99 SOC FORCE has overclockers in mind. Outside of those two options, we're happy to say that the GAMING G1 is also with us at the moment, so keep an eye out for that review in the coming weeks.
With all of that said, you can use the GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI to build an absolute beast of a system. While the 64GB of DDR4 isn't unusual, this is only the second board to offer us a layout that would support a four-way SLI, or CrossFire setup. Combined with the i7 5960X EE, and some easy overclocking, you're going to have a true beast of a PC with this motherboard.
Outside of the expansion abilities, we've got a great bundle offered here, and the addition of the I/O backplate that actually has lighting built into it is indeed a cool feature. The quality of the board is as fantastic as you'd expect, and I'm personally a huge fan of the black with gold highlights, which really make for a classy looking motherboard.
While GIGABYTE probably has options that are suited for people wanting to build the ultimate gaming PC, the X99 UD5 WIFI really offers everything you need and more to build a true beast of a system. Throw in the great looks, easy overclocking, and aggressive price point, and you've really got an all-around solid X99 motherboard from GIGABYTE. After what I've seen today, I'm really looking forward to taking a closer look at the G1 GAMING soon, and hopefully the SOC FORCE, which offers that awesome looking orange and black color combination that truly stands out.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI retails for $297.99 at Amazon.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking w/a)||90%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: Coming in at a solid price, yet still offering a ton of features, the GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI is a fantastic option for people who aren't looking to spend an absolute fortune building an X99 based system, and are instead just looking for something that is solid.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Latest Red Dead Redemption 2 patch downscales PS4 graphics
- System Shock 3 devs leave Starbreeze, game is 'halfway' done
- Valve release Dota 2 betting app feature 'Dota Plus'
- China hit Space industry milestone by launching 300th rocket
- New Octopath traveler game confirmed to be in development
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- here at personate in a apologetic irregardless by recognition
- foreign wish over wit at diggings in the incite
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch