Test System Setup and Overclocking
We've got a bunch of boards in our graphs here today. Sitting alongside our GIGABYTE X99 UD5 WIFI, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got the MSI X99S GAMING 9AC, the ASRock X99X Killer, and the ASUS X99 Deluxe, all of which are using the new i7 5960X EE. On the Z97 chipset, we've got the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII FORMULA, and the ASRock Z97X Killer using the i7 4790K. The older ASRock Z87 Killer is also here using the i7 4770K.
As always, before heading into our performance graphs, we need to see what is going on with overclocking. With our new i7 5960X EE on hand that showed stronger overclocking the other day on our MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, we find ourselves back in the BIOS messing around with all our settings to see just what we could get out of this particular chip.
With a 46x Multiplier, and a slightly elevated BCLK of 102, we have a final clock speed of 4691MHz or 4.69GHz as shown in our graphs here today. This slightly up on what we saw out of the MSI board the other day. We feel that there might even be a bit more room with this particular CPU.
We're looking forward to testing more boards to see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of it later. For now, though, this is a strong overclock that should yield a strong performance boost over the stock numbers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Dauntless passes 2 million players, new expansion next month
- COD: Black Ops 4 Zombie trailer, undead tigers/time travel
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit