HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
There are a number of low-cost SSDs on the market these days. OCZ recently released the ARC 100, Crucial has the MX100, SandForce is still alive and well with the SF-2281 controller, Samsung has the year old 840 EVO (the only other consumer SSD with TLC flash), and Silicon Motion is an up and comer with several design wins that fit in the low cost category.
The SanDisk Ultra II 240GB does really well in the sequential read test. The read performance is in line with several enthusiast / power user class SSDs on the market like the Extreme Pro and 840 Pro.
The SLC layer means sequential write performance rolls off at a rapid pace from its peak. When writing to the SLC, the Ultra II delivers over 430 MB/s sequential write performance, but once you get into the TLC, the write performance drops to just over 215 MB/s with 64KB blocks.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
HD Tach uses 128KB blocks and shows us both sequential read and write performance in the same chart.
The 500 MB/s sequential read isn't a surprise and neither is the 214.7 MB/s sequential write average. In the chart, we get to see the slope from SLC to TLC flash on the data write side.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:33 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Advanced Technology and SanDisk TLC]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]