HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
There are a number of low-cost SSDs on the market these days. OCZ recently released the ARC 100, Crucial has the MX100, SandForce is still alive and well with the SF-2281 controller, Samsung has the year old 840 EVO (the only other consumer SSD with TLC flash), and Silicon Motion is an up and comer with several design wins that fit in the low cost category.
The SanDisk Ultra II 240GB does really well in the sequential read test. The read performance is in line with several enthusiast / power user class SSDs on the market like the Extreme Pro and 840 Pro.
The SLC layer means sequential write performance rolls off at a rapid pace from its peak. When writing to the SLC, the Ultra II delivers over 430 MB/s sequential write performance, but once you get into the TLC, the write performance drops to just over 215 MB/s with 64KB blocks.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
HD Tach uses 128KB blocks and shows us both sequential read and write performance in the same chart.
The 500 MB/s sequential read isn't a surprise and neither is the 214.7 MB/s sequential write average. In the chart, we get to see the slope from SLC to TLC flash on the data write side.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Advanced Technology and SanDisk TLC]
- Page 3 [SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM