Test System Setup
For all tests that we have run, we used optimized BIOS settings for max performance.
This is the CPUz screen showing the various stats of the Xeon E5-2440 v2 CPUs. As you can see, this CPU has a Max TDP of 95 watts. They use socket FCLGA1356, they are Ivy Bridge architecture, and they support Romley-EN platform.
Each CPU has eight cores, and we will be running a dual CPU system. This provides 16 cores/32 threads total. These CPUs are very much like the ones we used in our RD340 review, E5-2470 V2s (10-core), except the E5-2440 V2s are eight core versions.
For our power tests, we use a Yokogawa WT310 to measure the power use of our systems. The Yokogawa WT310 comes with a power strip that we plug the TD340 into; the power strip connects to the WT310's inputs. The Yokogawa WT310 then connects to our Lenovo ThinkPad W540 with a USB cable that allows us to run WTViewer to monitor and graph the power use. These tests allow us to measure total power use from the wall to give us an idea of the complete system power use.
Different system configurations, such as CPUs used, RAM load out, and the number of hard drives, will have an effect on these results. However, this test system gives us a basic look at the amount of power use we can expect from our systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard