Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
At over $400, the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC is the most expensive X99 motherboard we've looked at so far. Can the price point be justified? Looking at everything that is on offer today, we'd say: absolutely. MSI has really packed a ton into this motherboard. The first thing that is worth talking about is the out of the box performance. In some areas, we see it lag slightly behind the ASUS and ASRock offerings we've looked at. That difference isn't major; nonetheless, it's something that needs to be mentioned.
Outside of this slight difference in performance, the board performs flawlessly everywhere else. Features wise, the X99S GAMING 9 AC clearly offers a focus toward gamers. The ability to hardware decode for your streaming, combined with the two-year premium account at XSplit, you have a board that is clearly designed to show off what you have got going on.
We also have gigabit networking provided by the Killer E2200 controller, and the MSI Gaming App, which is designed to make overclocking in Windows an absolute breeze. Again, this is something that is great for gamers; you can simply get everything setup, fire up the Gaming App, and get some added performance with ease with a few simple mouse clicks.
Moving into the bundle, you can see MSI also continues to offer a lot here, and it just fits with the trend of more, more, more! Combine this all with a great look via the black and red theme, and you've just got a solid X99 motherboard on your hands. Yes it's expensive, but you're really getting a lot of board here for your money.
This is a board that's clearly designed with gamers in mind. Everything from its focus on XSplit to the fact it supports a four video card setup means that it's designed to be paired with some serious hardware. If you're after a solid gaming motherboard, the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC should be something that you're looking into - assuming you can accept spending over $400 on a motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC retails for $428.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom sell limited-edition classic Mega Man 2/X cartridges
- Intel increases 905P Optane SSD capacities to 1.5TB
- Soulcalibur VI trailer reveals Raphael, Prelude to Madness
- Delve into madness with new Call of Cthulhu gameplay trailer
- Diablo III for Switch: confirmed no inclusion of Link gear
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games