Test System Setup and Overclocking
We're quickly growing the amount of X99 boards that are included in our graphs as we test more and more boards. Sitting alongside the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, which will be running at both stock and overclocked, we've got the ASRock X99X Killer, and ASUS X99 Deluxe.
Outside of these new high-end X99 boards, we've also got the Z97 based ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII FORMULA, and ASRock Z97X Killer, which both use the i7 4790K. Finally, we finish off with the ASRock Z87 Killer, which is using the older i7 4770K CPU. As always, before we get into the performance side of things, we need to see what's going on with overclocking.
It's worth noting that today we're using a different i7 5960X EE than we have been using. This is important today, as we managed to achieve our strongest overclock to date. Heading into Click BIOS 4, we did all the usual things, which includes adjusting the multiplier, increasing the voltages, and trying to increase the BCLK.
After all of this messing around, we end up with our i7 5960X EE running at 4598MHz, or 4.59GHz as shown in our graphs today. This is 900MHz higher than we saw previously. We would attribute this to the new CPU, which is capable of overclocking so much more. Still, this is a great overclock, and we're looking forward to seeing the performance increase it brings to the table.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam