Installation and Finished Product
This universal backplate is already isolated for Intel use, so we just had to align the pins and send them through, locking one side into the backplate so they won't twist later. Also, the plate can be oriented both directions for AMD and Intel. In our instance, it only fits in this direction, where another board may have an IC, making the other orientation the premium choice.
Once the studs are passed through the holes, each receives a plastic spacer. Then, the Intel mounting plates are placed at either side, and all of it is mounted to the motherboard via the thumbscrews used at each corner.
Almost as wide as the memory in front of it, the Brocken ECO stands with the majority of the fan's intake clear from even taller memory like ours. Although, we did notice that the fan did not go as low as the top of the cooler since it has to rest on top of the screws of the cross bar that locks the cooler to the motherboard hardware.
Because of the offset that the heat pipes take from the base into the bottom of the fin stack, even this larger bodied cooler and its fan stay clear of all four memory slots.
From here we see the Brocken ECO takes up much more room than the Sella on the motherboard, but there is still room for a second fan off to the right. With the extra plug hanging from the stock fan, it just begs for a second fan to be added.
With the cooler mounted on the motherboard, and the motherboard and the Brocken ECO now mounted into the chassis, we can now step back and take stock. It looks pretty good with the aluminum and copper, and it does offer enough space for a second fan and to still have access to the eight-pin, but the fan clips may cause issues with a card in the first expansion slot.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon re-list chromecast in hopes of peace with Google
- Adventure Time will get a new Open-world RPG early 2018
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series