Accessories and Documentation
We found a very solid setup of parts in the hardware set. There are Intel top brackets at the top, with the universal backplate being flanked with half of the AMD top brackets. To allow the use of the cross bar at the bottom, the Intel and AMD legs are combined to offer both orientations for AMD users to choose to use.
Here we have four thick plastic spacers, and a set of small screws to assemble the top brackets for AMD use. The bottom shows the LGA2011 hardware, the thumbscrews that lock all the hardware to the motherboard, and the studs that pass through the plate and are held in place by the spacers.
Also as part of the kit, we were sent the LGA775 pre-load spacer, a set of eight rubber fan isolation pads in the black strip of rubber, a set of four plastic stickers to isolate the backplate for AMD use, and a small tube of thermal paste.
Along with all the rest of the gear, there is also this set of four wire fan mounting clips. These simply tuck into the fan screw holes nearest the cooler, and with very little pressure, stretch around the cooler and clip into the sides.
We are also given this 120mm Wing Boost 2 PWM fan to cool the Brocken ECO. This fan offers nine S-shaped blades with black on black coloration for the fins and frame. The fan is powered with a four-pin header at the end of a sleeved cable, but also has a pigtail to allow another fan to be powered as well, allowing one header and PWN circuit to control both fans.
The manual offered with the Brocken ECO is well illustrated, but the text that goes with the images is very basic. It does walk through both AMD and Intel installations, but pay close attention to the images for orientations, as descriptions seem to omit the fine details.
Last but not least, we also have the secondary fan sent along with the Brocken ECO. This is the retail version of the Wing Boost 2 120mm fan. While all of the specs are the same from one fan to another, the major change in the retail versus the supplied fan is that the retail version sports a cool blue ring in the frame, and a blue sticker on the hub.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Epic: 'Battle. Adapt. Win' tease for Season 4 of Fortnite
- PC Building Simulator sells 100,000 copies in 30 days
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit