Alpenfoehn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler
With our first glance at the Brocken ECO, we can see there is a lot going on in this design. Not only is the tower split, but the fins are angled downward in the middle as well. Following the fins to the outside edges, we find the fins are pressed over the pipes that are spread apart, and are set up in multiple groups of three long fins and one shorter fin.
The sides are left open in this design; since the ECO has twice the airflow of the Sella with a larger fan, we can only assume they saw no need to close them off. Look at the base though; more specifically, look at how the pipes are offset. This is how Alpenfoehn offsets the CPU cooler to allow full memory compatibility.
We took a different viewpoint on back of the cooler. This is to show that the edges protrude outside of where the fan will sit on the fins. Where the fan does push air through the straight fin sections, each of them has a saw tooth pattern to break up the air, and raise the efficiency of what little air flow is provided.
As we spin around to this side of the cooler, from a lower angle we can see that there are defined grooves to accept the fan clips that hold the fan in place, and it is ready for two fans out of the box. We can also see that offset of every fourth fin, and that there was some off angled fins due to the lack of support on the sides.
The top of the Brocken ECO is more basic as well. The four pipe tips are visible, and the aluminium for the fins is exposed. This does not lessen the cooler in any way; it's just not as fancy as the Brocken 2.
The base of this cooler comes protected with a clear sticker that is very easy to miss at first glance. Of course, this is why they also paste the text on there, warning it needs to be removed.
Peeling the sticker allows an unimpeded view of the Gapless H.D.C. The aluminium section of the base is used for mounting and holding the heat pipes in at the sides only. By squeezing the pipes together, they all make contact with the CPU; and this makes the base more efficient than those with aluminium strips between them.
Most will use the Brocken ECO with the one fan that comes in the box strapped to the cooler.
Of course, since Alpenfoehn sent along a matching fan, and the hardware kit offers four fan clips, we will also be testing the Brocken ECO in this configuration.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Brocken ECO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Mansion 3 has a spooky Halloween debut, October 31
- PUBG's backstory is a Lex Luthor puppetmaster fantasy dream
- Human-based AI solves Rubik's Cube in 28 moves, 1.2 seconds
- Humans search for alien interstellar Morse code with arrays
- Elon Musk's Neuralink head DRILLING tests begin next year
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Review
- NZXT H500i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- Royale Pass Season 8 And More Graces PUBG Mobile's Battlefield In Time For New Version Update
- Age of Wonders: Planetfall Retail Versions Now Available for Pre-Order
- Night Call - A Noire Novella Investigative Game - Out Now on Steam and Xbox Game Pass for PC
- Edge of Eternity gets third chapter 'The Reunion' in major update today
- Asmodee Digital Kicks Off Early Access for Gloomhaven With a Brand New Launch Trailer