The DPS G 1050W power supply uses nearly identical packaging as the previous generation DPS units. Aside from a few picture changes relating to the physical appearance of the unit and the new components, there is no difference.
At the very least we know that quality hasn't gone down any. The components shown and text are almost word for word for what we saw with the DPS 850W.
Even the cables included and I/O specifications (with the exception of the 12V rail) are identical to what we saw from the DPS 850W unit. I'd still like to see a list of cable quantities, along with their length on the box.
Finally we have a quick list of features in multiple languages on the box. Three sides simply show a picture of the unit and contain no useful information.
Inside the Box
Standard foam packaging protects the unit in shipping and there is plenty there in case your package takes some abuse along the way.
The top of the unit features the I/O specification label and we can see the matte black finish on the unit.
Both sides have the exact same logo with it being inverted on the opposite.
On the front of the Toughpower DPS G 1050W we find that all of the connectors are clearly labeled.
For the first time in a very long time, we find a non-honeycomb mesh backplate to the power supply. Also note the rounder corners. There are rubber isolation mounts included in order to reduce vibration and lower noise created by the unit.
The bottom of the unit flows with the ventilation on the back and gives some much needed contrast to the unit.
Included with the unit are flat modular cables. All of the PCI-E cables have red connectors to make them easy to differentiate.
Accessories included are the AC power cord, cable ties, rubber isolation mounts, elongated mounting screws for the rubber mounts, and USB head cable which allows you to utilize Thermaltake's DPS App with the DPS G power supply.
Rounding out the contents of our box were two warranty packets and a user manual. We're assuming the two user manuals stuck together and that most will only receive one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit