At first we thought the Z-Alien looked great then after 15 minutes of looking at the front, it kind of turned us off. After looking at it more closely as we began working with the case and trying to feel some love, we began to like the case as we grew accustomed to its unique looks.
It is nice to see something a little different hit the market. We see too many cases with a different color or a different window which has become quite boring. The Z-Alien case looks different and is extremely well made, and considering the price of around $140 US ($200 AU at PC Case Gear) with a 400 watt power supply, we really cannot complain one bit despite our efforts.
All the fans help push air around the case and with the 120mm fan at the back, the effectiveness of these fans is high. With its all over blue sleekness, it looks great and considering the price, it is nice to have these extra features which are normally something reserved for a more expensive casing option.
In summary there is no denying that this case isn't going to be for everyone - extraterrestrials might just plain scare the death out of some enthusiasts. If you're after a big aluminum case which is different from the norm in a way we consider very positive, it's probably worth having a second or third look at the Z-Alien case from A-Top Technology.
Nice and roomy inside
Very easy installation
Side panel looks excellent
Good build quality
Looks great at night with glow effect
Front might be a bit too much for some
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Editor's Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard