The left side looks great with the alien head taking up most of the side panel and the mesh which provides the look of the eyes. This is one of the better windows which we've seen in a theme case - it's not a boring square or some weird shape that was possibly done by a drunken person operating a jigsaw for the initial design.
Looking at the case in person, you really can't go pass the extremely cool look of the mesh making up the eyes. It's something different that we haven't really seen before and it's possible that more and more case companies could be start using this material to move away from the normal perspex.
One more thing worth mentioning about the side of this case is just how long it is - it has the length of something more like a PC70 from Lian Li but not the height which is great as it makes it that little bit easier to carry around. Even with its massive length, due to the use of aluminum material, the weight is not back-breaking, so it is quite easy to carry.
Another cool feature of this case is that you don't need screws for the side panel to sit in there. While it does come with screws and most people will choose to use them if you access the inside of your case quite frequently, you are going to find these two sliders a dream. Depending if you want to lock the case or unlock it, you simply move the sliders in the correct direction. From there you can then simply slide the case door off or have it secured to the side without the use of screws which is wonderful.
Moving to the back of the case we were pleasantly surprised to find a 400 watt power supply unit. While we wouldn't place too much faith in the unit from a high-end perspective, if you're running a moderate system it should do you just fine. We wouldn't recommend five hard drives, two optical drives, GeForce 6800 Ultra and anything else that draws a lot of power.
One thing that you may notice is that the back has a fan but this isn't your ordinary 80mm fan that you find on most cases. It is a big blue 120mm fan to help extract air out as efficiently as possible. This is extremely handy for a case of this size and the 80mm fan probably wouldn't take out as much air as you would have liked.
Before we move onto the inside of the case, we will have a quick look at the top. Here we find some more ports. A lot of companies have started inserting extra ports in this area including ThermalTake and Coolermaster. If you are plugging a mouse or a joy pad into it, the cord comes down the front of the case and gets in the way of the front drive bays. We also have headphone/microphone jack and a Firewire port.
Externally the case doesn't look too bad at all and while the front might be a bit too much for some people, the side panel looks great and just about makes up for it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new patch adds replayable missions, tweaks loot
- NVIDIA better celebrate 4/20 with GeForce 420.00 drivers
- Like Twin Peaks and X-Files? Check out Remedy's Control
- Why EA is firing 350 employees: it's all about business
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- Fan xpert 4 resets at every restart
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!