Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts
Beauty doesn't come cheap. With a price tag of roughly $400, this is not only an expensive motherboard, but one of the most expensive X99 motherboards on the market. At the moment, just three motherboards sit at a price point higher than this one, with the most expensive one being a ROG based ASUS board that carries a $500 price tag.
Although, we don't have a problem with expensive motherboards if the price can be justified. So, can this massive price tag be justified? Absolutely. This is one beautiful motherboard. If looks could kill, I wouldn't be able to finish writing this sentence. Outside of a stunning look that had both me and my partner saying "WOW" the second it was pulled out of the box, the performance on this board as fantastic. Not to be outdone, though, the list of features on this board is also fantastic.
First off, you've got those ASUS extras that include the new O.C. Socket, additional M.2 support via the Hyper M.2 X4 card, along with the fan extension hub. ASUS' 5-Way Optimization also brings a number of benefits, along with Turbo App and LAN to complement Crystal Sound 2.
The performance of the board is fantastic. Looking at AIDA64, you can see that out of the box, the X99 Deluxe offers a bit more bandwidth than the ASRock X99 board we looked at the other day. When it comes to overclocking, the performance numbers look great at 4.5GHz. Manually overclocking on ASUS boards is an absolute breeze thanks to the change in color in voltages when you hit a point that isn't safe. When you're dealing with a new platform like this, sometimes the small come in very handy.
While I would normally write for a bit more to wrap everything up, it really feels unnecessary here. Simply put: This is a fantastic motherboard. The decision to buy it will ultimately come down to your budget. At $400, it's a little scary to think that there are more expensive boards out there. The good news for us is that we have two out of those three more expensive boards. We're really looking forward to seeing just what that extra money gives you.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS X99 Deluxe for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS X99 Deluxe retails for $398.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo has no immediate plans for N64 mini
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- Metroid Prime 4 is 'well into development'
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One