For a 650W unit, Antec does a great job in giving you what you need with the EDGE power supply. All cables are modular, including the 24-pin Main. The varying lengths of SATA cables are more than welcome. The only thing that we would like to see changed is the FDD connector. We would much rather see it as a Molex to FDD adapter and forced upon the user if the Molex cable is needed.
Rail distribution is relatively straightforward for a dual 12V rail unit. The 24-pin main connector is split across both rails. All of the peripheral connectors go to 12V1, along with one of the 8-pin 12V outputs, which can be used for PCI-E or the EPS12V connector. 12V2 is reserved for PCI-E cables or the EPS12V connector if you would like. The flexibility makes it very nice for those who are looking to use the power supply for all the power it has to offer and need to move power around.
A Look Inside
Several smaller heat sinks are present in order to provide passive cooling.
A single Rubycon capacitor is present for the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-con capacitors are present on the secondary side of the power supply.
Ong Hua provides the active cooling with the 135mm clear fan. The HA13525H12F-Z uses a fluid dynamic bearing (FDB), which helps reduce noise and increases longevity of the unit.
The honeycomb mesh on the sides are not for increased ventilation at all. Both sides are blocked by clear plastic which can mean that they are only for show, most likely when the LED's are enabled on the fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new MEK ULTRA gaming rigs pack GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
- Blizzard to share 'some Diablo-related news at BlizzCon 2018
- Black Ops 4 weekend sales don't beat Black Ops 3
- Red Dead Redemption 2 launch trailer shows renegade thievery
- ZeniMax Online making new MMORPG
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam