For a 650W unit, Antec does a great job in giving you what you need with the EDGE power supply. All cables are modular, including the 24-pin Main. The varying lengths of SATA cables are more than welcome. The only thing that we would like to see changed is the FDD connector. We would much rather see it as a Molex to FDD adapter and forced upon the user if the Molex cable is needed.
Rail distribution is relatively straightforward for a dual 12V rail unit. The 24-pin main connector is split across both rails. All of the peripheral connectors go to 12V1, along with one of the 8-pin 12V outputs, which can be used for PCI-E or the EPS12V connector. 12V2 is reserved for PCI-E cables or the EPS12V connector if you would like. The flexibility makes it very nice for those who are looking to use the power supply for all the power it has to offer and need to move power around.
A Look Inside
Several smaller heat sinks are present in order to provide passive cooling.
A single Rubycon capacitor is present for the primary side of the power supply.
Nippon Chemi-con capacitors are present on the secondary side of the power supply.
Ong Hua provides the active cooling with the 135mm clear fan. The HA13525H12F-Z uses a fluid dynamic bearing (FDB), which helps reduce noise and increases longevity of the unit.
The honeycomb mesh on the sides are not for increased ventilation at all. Both sides are blocked by clear plastic which can mean that they are only for show, most likely when the LED's are enabled on the fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber settles lawsuit with Indian rape victim
- Outlast games coming to the Nintendo Switch in Q1 2018
- Anheuser-Busch places order for 40 Tesla Semi trucks
- Celebrities will answer your Google search questions
- Justin Roiland introduces Squanch Games and teases new title
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Z270X Gaming K7....SLOW Boot?
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series