Today Antec introduces a new line of power supplies and if it lives up to the hype surrounding it, it is set to be a favored line for enthusiasts requiring enough power for a duo of high-end GPU's or less. The new series that we are speaking of is the EDGE series. The EDGE series sits between the TruePower Gold and High Current Pro Platinum series of power supplies. Antec's official word on the series is that, "It creates a new top class of maximum efficiency & performance within our range of PSUs with fully modular connectivity."
That makes this the second highest line of power supplies that Antec has to offer. As such, we expect it to perform exceptionally well. Antec has built one heck of a name for themselves throughout the years, and anything less than a great unit, just would not be well received by enthusiasts.
One of the most prominent features of the EDGE series is that it is meant to be a very quiet power supply. We've been toying with the idea of testing the sound levels of power supplies for a while now and are nearing completion of what we would like to see happen. As such, we've got some tools to test with now and we figured that we would give Antec a shot at just how quiet they could be. They sent over a P100 case and some of their True Quiet UFO fans just to see how quiet of a build we could come up with using their products.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
As far as I/O specifications go, the Antec EDGE 650W power supply doesn't have anything too special going on. It uses a dual 12V rail design with each rail rated for 35A with a combined maximum output of 648W or 54A. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 20A each with a combined maximum output of 100W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 2.5A or 12.5W. Maximum combined output for the Antec EDGE 650W power supply is 650W.
Being towards the top of what Antec has to offer for power supplies, it is expected that the unit be filled with features and protections. Our Feature Summary shows just that, as it has almost every feature that we check for. All protections are present, just as would be expected. The power supply is fully modular and all cables are of the flat ribbon type with the exception of the 24-pin main, which is fully sleeved. The Antec EDGE 650W power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. Antec lists the operating temperature for the unit as 40C and thus it doesn't receive a pass for being rated for 50C.
Antec lists the EDGE 650W power supply with an MSRP of $129.95. This places it comparatively priced amongst units with similar features and wattages. You'll be hard pressed to find one with all the options the EDGE 650W offers though. Antec backs the EDGE series with a five-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Mini's classic games library is shaping up nicely
- Leaked Left 4 Dead 3 screenshots show Middle Eastern theme
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Massage salon
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!