8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The average 8K random read speed of the Toshiba HK3R is 47,315 IOPS, the Samsung 845DC EVO is 52,731 IOPS, the Micron M500DC is 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS.
All four SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8K random read test, with a much smaller performance variance between results than in the 4k testing.
The HK3R averages 9,656 IOPS, the M500DC easily leads with an average of 23,852 IOPS, the 845DC EVO comes in second with 7,112 IOPS, and the DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS.
The HK3R leads the DC S3500 and the 845DC EVO, but trails the M500DC by a large margin.
The mixed workload testing again reveals a tight crowd in the higher write mixtures, with the exception of the chart-topping M500DC.
Power consumption for the HK3R averages 3.91 watts; the 845DC EVO averages 3.54 watts, the M500DC averages 4.77 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 3.75 watts.
The HK3R averages 3,112 IOPS per watt, the M500DC leads the efficiency test with 4,877 IOPS per watt, the 845DC EVO averages 1,994 IOPS per watt, and the DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba HK3R Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin flashes past $19,000: could have $20K by Christmas
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series