Mixed Read / Write Workloads
In this series of tests, we measure mixed workload performance. We start with 100% read and then add data writes to the mix until we get to 100% writes, in 10% increments. We believe this will be the next major area SSD manufactures will address after performance consistency.
Mixed Workload Bandwidth
At this time, all of the consumer M.2 PCIe drives use the AHCI command set. AHCI is only half-duplex, so the drive can only read or write at one time, but not both at the same time. NVMe SSDs are full duplex and will be able to read and write at the same time.
80% Read / 20% Write Bandwidth
For consumer workloads, we use the 80% read / 20% write point to measure performance. Oddly enough, the 256GB model is a bit slower than the 128GB when we measure at 80/20. We ran both drives through the test three times and got the same results each time.
Random Mixed IO
In this test, we use random data in a 50/50 workload. Here you can see the 256GB XP941 outperforming the 128GB model. Also, until now, the 512GB model was only a little faster than the 256GB XP941, but in this test, the 512GB model is quite a bit faster.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- ASRock begins teasing its Phantom Gaming graphics cards
- Total War: Thrones of Britannia new trailer released
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- 10 Pieces Galaxy S9+256GB Site www.BizFests.com $6,870
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit