HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
Given the large parallelism in high capacity sizes SSDs, it's easy for drives in this range to deliver performance at the limit of SATA III. The 850 Pro is no exception and the drive is capable of extremely high sequential read performance.
We see a lot more variation when writing data to the SATA drives, even with the large number of die in the larger capacity size drives. The Samsung 850 Pro shows here why it's one of the best performing drives on the market, delivering very high 64KB block writes.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
After a number of sequential and random writes, we tested the 850 Pro 512GB with HD Tach. This software tests the sequential read and a write performance with 128KB data. The 850 Pro doesn't suffer from low write speeds after the random data tests.
Some of the lower quality drives on the market see strong dips in write performance, sometimes dropping write speeds down to as low as 10 MB/s. The 850 Pro made it through this test with little variation in both the read and write portions of the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Samsung Software Package]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]