Samsung's Magician software is now up to version 4.4. The software is quite powerful and has a number of very nice features.
For the most part, all of the functions perform as expected, except for the Secure Erase feature. In Windows 7, we can SE the drive right in the Magician software in the operating system, but in Windows 8, we need to use a flash drive to boot without Windows to perform the operation.
The 850 Pro also supports RAPID Mode, a software defined cache layer that streamlines the random writes and sends them to the 850 Pro as sequential data. This increases overall performance and reduces the wear on the flash. RAPID Mode also increases the performance of the 850 Pro in most situations.
Samsung Data Migration
Samsung also has the Data Migration tool. The software is now up to version 2.7 and works really well so you can take your existing data from one drive and send it to the 850 Pro.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD]
- Page 3 [Samsung Software Package]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mixed Read / Write Workloads]
- Page 8 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test]
- Page 9 [PCMark 8 Consistency Test - Continued]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]