KUL ES-87 Tenkeyless Mechanical Keyboard
The entire side is thick and textured to allow for a good grip. In the middle there is the slightest of angles with a very thin ledge around it, which affords a fair bit more grip for moving this around the desk, but still has no sharp edges or trim to discomfort the user in any way.
The seventy-four keys that make up the bulk of the keyboard layout are fairly typical of any keyboard layout. What we do like is the high contrast between the black keys and the white left in the black keys from the laser etching. In a lit room, it's almost as if they are LED backlit.
One other major change to the layout is the diamond legends on what are typically the Windows keys. They do function as Windows keys by default, but flipping a DIP switch allows Power Mode to alter the functions. Once the switch is flipped, the left diamond then functions as Ctrl+Shift when pressed, while the right functions as Alt+Ctrl.
From the F7 through to F12, we find multimedia keys that work by pressing the Function keys, and any one of these F keys. The ES-87 offers all the standards here, from seek to play and stop; it also has a mute button, and of course, volume up and down.
The right end of the board holds thirteen more keys; there are nine command keys at the top, an empty space (potential logo placement location), and a set of arrow keys at the bottom.
As we extend the feet to show the full height of the keyboard (now offering a more ergonomic angle of attack), the lighting has changed, and we can see the design of the side much more easily.
Under the keyboard, we find eight rubber pads, two for each corner, to support this keyboard on any desktop. There is also a pair of plastic bumps in the middle to help ease the stress the weight of your hands would force onto the board. These bumps keep the board flat and rigid.
The extendable feet at the back are thick and beefy, and make a solid click as they are extended or collapsed back to the closed position. The feet are also covered at the end with a thick rubber pad to keep the keyboard from wandering with them locked out.
To the right of the foot we were just looking at, there is a large section of the frame that has been inset. In this area we find eight DIP switches that all come in the off position by default. We would take the time to explain each function, but the next image does that for us.
Just below where the USB cable will connect to the ES-87, there is the large product sticker similar to the ones we find on most products here. Along with basic information, there is also a chart showing the functionality of the seven functional switches; position eight is unused at this time.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon