USB Test - AIDA64
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.70.1400
USB 2.0 performance isn't anything to get excited about as numbers fall back a little lining up with the Z97X Killer board. USB 3.0 numbers fall towards the middle of the pack when it comes to comparing the results overall.
SSD Test - AIDA64
Version and / or Patch Used: v4.30.2900
SSD Test - PCMark 8
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.0.191
SSD Test - HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 5.50
Taking a look at SSD performance, you can see under AIDA64 and HD Tune Pro, the number are impressive.
As for PCMark 8, we were unable to complete a run, with it actually crashing out on us after the first benchmark. PCMark 8 has actually been quite the nightmare for us with the X99 platform so far. While we eventually ended up getting our normal tests running after about eight hours, the storage benchmark has become an issue. We'll stay on top of it and hope that by the time we test our next motherboard, it's fixed.
For now, though, we get a good idea at least of SSD performance under AIDA64 and HD Tune Pro.
Update: With another fresh install, we managed to get PCMark 8 working again. Looking above, you can see that performance is a little bit on the lower-end here unlike our other two tests. It will be interesting to see if this result is consistent with our X99 testing in future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit