Version and / or Patch Used: 8
PassMark performance is quite interesting. Looking above, you can see the new Intel Core i7 5960X EE sits with the i7 4960X EE and falls behind the i7 4790K. While RAM and 3D performance sit quite close to each other, you can see the Extreme Edition CPUs clearly benefit when it comes to the CPU testing side of things.
The i7 4960X EE shows a clear lead over the i7 4790K, while the i7 5960X EE jumps even further head, and really by quite a decent margin. When it comes to overclocking, you can see that the i7 5960X EE at 4.4GHz helps close the gap between the overall score - but it still remains slightly below the i7 4790K.
Version and / or Patch Used: R15
CINEBENCH performance is again quite interesting. In the OpenGL portion of the test, you can see that the i7 4790K and i7 5960X EE perform quite closely to each other, with the latter actually falling behind. As soon as we shift the focus onto the CPU side again, though, you can see the new i7 5960X EE jumps ahead of both setups with the gain being around 35% when compared to the i7 5960X EE, and even further when compared to the i7 4790K.
As you can see when we crank the clock speed of the i7 5960X EE to 4.4GHz, performance goes through the roof again. You can see we're at almost double the performance of the stock i7 4790K, and really not that far off double when it comes to the i7 4960X EE.
Version and / or Patch Used: v5.6
Looking at Lightroom performance, you can see that the i7 4790K manages to beat out the older i7 4960X EE by a small margin. Jump forward to today, though, and you can see the new Extreme Edition i7 5960X EE manages to come out ahead.
When we throw overclocking into the mix, though, we see a massive jump in performance of over 20%, and thanks to that, you can see it manages to jump ahead of everything else once again. Overclocking is clearly a big deal for the 5960X EE.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Haswell-E - The New Processors]
- Page 3 [Wellsburg (X99) - The New Chipset]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8, HyperPi and AIDA64]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest, CINEBENCH and Adobe Lightroom]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - MediaEspresso and Handbrake]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Gaming & Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ninja Theory may be making live service game
- Diablo 4 probably won't be revealed at BlizzCon 2018
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- Darksiders III will be around 15+ of gameplay, HDR supported
- Rocket League to go 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X, likely crossplay
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam