128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. Surprisingly, the 845DC EVO leads again with an average of 526 MB/s at 256 OIO, followed by the 845DC PRO with 495 MB/s. The Micron M500DC features the lowest sequential performance specifications of the lineup and averages 417 MB/s, while the Intel DC S3700 delivers an average of 474 MB/s.
The 845DC EVO provides the lowest overall latency. The DC S3700 nearly matches the 845DC PRO under heavy workloads.
Sequential write workload performance is important in replication tasks, database logging, and content delivery applications. The 845DC PRO averages 472 MB/s, the 845DC EVO averages 427 MB/s, the M500DC averages 388 MB/s, and the DC S3700 scores 360 MB/s.
The 845DC PRO delivers the lowest latency during the measurement window.
The 845DC PRO delivers a surprising resilience to mixed sequential workloads. The M500DC provides stout resistance, but only wins two of eleven mixtures.
The 845DC PRO obliterates the rest of the field with an amazing 2.85 watts, the 845 DC EVO averages 4.14 watts, the M500DC averages 5.24 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 4.28 watts.
The 845DC PRO easily dominates this test with 165 MB/s per watt, the 845DC EVO averages 99 MB/s per watt, the M500DC averages 73 MB/s per watt, and the DC S3700 averages 82 MB/s per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series