128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. Surprisingly, the 845DC EVO leads again with an average of 526 MB/s at 256 OIO, followed by the 845DC PRO with 495 MB/s. The Micron M500DC features the lowest sequential performance specifications of the lineup and averages 417 MB/s, while the Intel DC S3700 delivers an average of 474 MB/s.
The 845DC EVO provides the lowest overall latency. The DC S3700 nearly matches the 845DC PRO under heavy workloads.
Sequential write workload performance is important in replication tasks, database logging, and content delivery applications. The 845DC PRO averages 472 MB/s, the 845DC EVO averages 427 MB/s, the M500DC averages 388 MB/s, and the DC S3700 scores 360 MB/s.
The 845DC PRO delivers the lowest latency during the measurement window.
The 845DC PRO delivers a surprising resilience to mixed sequential workloads. The M500DC provides stout resistance, but only wins two of eleven mixtures.
The 845DC PRO obliterates the rest of the field with an amazing 2.85 watts, the 845 DC EVO averages 4.14 watts, the M500DC averages 5.24 watts, and the DC S3700 averages 4.28 watts.
The 845DC PRO easily dominates this test with 165 MB/s per watt, the 845DC EVO averages 99 MB/s per watt, the M500DC averages 73 MB/s per watt, and the DC S3700 averages 82 MB/s per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard