Close up with the Sapphire R7 260X 2GB OC
Looking at the card, we immediately recognize a cooler that looks significantly meaner than the HIS card we saw the other day. Having a shroud that covers the entire card does make the card look sexier overall. The big thing we notice behind that fan is the copper heat pipes that come out from the middle of the card. There is also a larger heat sink.
We've got quite a mean looking cooler for a mid-range video card. Outside of the cooler, the other thing we notice is the all black PCB, which is something that always looks good. We're looking forward to seeing just how well this good looking card performs.
Moving away from the front of the card, and taking a quick spin around to the back, you can see a single 6-pin PCIe power connector at the back. Here we also get a look at the size of the heat sink, and we can see the copper heat pipes that sit in the middle of the card. Heading back to the front, you can see our single CrossFire connector, which we'll be making use of today.
Over in the I/O department, we see a setup that is identical to the HIS R7 260X 2GB we looked at the other day; that means we've got two Dual-Link DVI ports, with one being DVI-D, and the other DVI-I. Next to those two ports, you can see we've got a HDMI, and a DisplayPort connector to round things off here.
As we mentioned earlier, the Sapphire R7 260X 2GB OC is an overclocked card, as the name would suggest. Looking below, you can see that the core comes in at 1150MHz, while the 2GB of GDDR5 comes clocked at 6600MHz QDR. This is compared to the HIS card, which was clocked at 1100MHz on the core, and 5000MHz QDR on the memory.
Because the two cards are clocked at a different rate, we fired up MSI Afterburner and pushed the clocks on the HIS card up to the same levels as the Sapphire. We did this in order to make sure we could simulate the performance of two Sapphire R7 260X 2GB OC cards. Finally, before we move forward, we can see CrossFire is indeed enabled at the bottom of the image.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD