4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing
4K monitors are the next step for gamers demanding the best in image quality. With 4x the pixels of a standard 1920 x 1080 monitor (meaning 4x the intensity), 3840 x 2160 brings a new level of intensity to video cards.
To make sure that you're buying the right video card for a monitor that offers such a large resolution, we test the latest and greatest video cards in a couple of benchmarks to give you an idea of just what kind of setup you require.
After cranking up the resolution, and checking out Heaven, our CrossFire setup sees a great performance gain over the single card solution. In the end, you can see we're quite close to the single R9 280 3GB OC card.
Sleeping Dogs sees an awesome performance boost just over 100% thanks to both cards being clocked higher than the single R7 260X 2GB. Unfortunately, you can see we're still below that 60 FPS mark we want, and to be honest, we are below by a decent chunk.
While Hitman: Absolution sees some really nice gains over the single card solution, it's still not enough, as the overall FPS falls short of playable numbers here; just like the R9 280 3GB OC.
With the intensity of Tomb Raider, it comes as no surprise that we're still a mile away from the playable 60 FPS we want. Even with CrossFire, you can see our minimum FPS still sits in the single digit category.
Finishing up here with GRID Autosport, you can see a minimum that's not too bad, but an average that is just way too low. Getting the FPS to where it needs to be would require a massive drop in-game quality at this resolution.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]