Test System Setup and Overclocking
First and foremost, we have our ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula, which will be run at stock and overclocked; the latter will be addressed in a moment. Alongside of that, we've got the ASRock Z97X Killer, GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING G1 WIFI-BK Black Edition, ASUS Z97-A, and GIGABYTE Z97N GAMING 5. All of these are using the i7 4790K processor. We've also got the Z87 based ASRock Z87 Killer, which uses the i7 4770K.
Before we get into the performance, we need to take a look what went on with overclocking. When going into the BIOS, the first thing we do is move to a 47x multiplier, and adjust our voltages to where they should be. Heading into Windows, we found everything was working just fine.
So, we headed back into the BIOS and moved up to the 48x multiplier, and kept our fingers crossed we might've finally found a board that could run our i7 4790K this high. Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be, so we moved back to the 47x multiplier, and started to mess around with the BCLK.
With the multiplier set to 47x, we moved our BCLK up to 102 to see what would happen. We got into Windows no problem, and started to do a bit of testing, but found the system to be a little unstable. We headed back to the BIOS accordingly, and moved the BCLK slightly down. In the end, as you can see above, our BCLK finished up at 101.5, alongside our 47x multiplier. This results in a 4771MHz clock speed, or 4.77GHz as shown in our graphs today. This is the best clock we've received to date on our i7 4790K.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0, & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Iron Harvest smashes through Kickstarter goal, $1m is close
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 PC sales hit life-time revenue mark
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - Broly/Bardock DLC release date unveil
- Fortnite mobile makes $1 million in-app purchases in 3 days
- Brigitte Lindholm shield bashes into Overwatch, now live
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit