High Quality AA and AF Testing
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to unplayable FPS, and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
After turning on AA and AF, we see the overclocked MSI R9 280 3GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC in CrossFire setup manages to get a nice performance bump when compared to the PowerColor setup we looked at the other day. Unfortunately, you can see we still fall short of that 60 FPS average; although, the 58 FPS average is indeed impressive.
GRID Autosport was already seeing some strong FPS out of the pre-overclocked PowerColor R9 280 3GB CrossFire setup; however, you can see the extra MHz we've achieved via the overclock helps push the FPS even further for the MSI R9 280 3GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC in CrossFire setup.
Sleeping Dogs sees a nice performance bump from our overclocked MSI R9 280 3GB Twin Gaming OC in CrossFire setup. At 1920 x 1200, you can see an extremely solid 95 FPS average when AA and AF is turned on.
Moving to 2560 x 1600, you can see that the increase over the PowerColor setup is nice, but not quite enough for us to get that 60 FPS average we need. Of course, the 56 FPS average is solid, but just short of the FPS that we need for the game to be playable and smooth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]