The BIOS for this motherboard is standard for server motherboards, so we will only show a few BIOS screens.
This is the main BIOS screen, which shows basic system information.
The advanced tab brings you to the main advanced screen.
The advanced onboard LAN I354 configuration screen allows you to enable or disable the Intel LAN function in the system and launch the Intel LAN OpROM functions.
The PCI Bus Driver screen allows you to configure the PCI, PCI-X and PCI Express settings.
The CSM (Compatibility Support Module) screen allows you to configure settings to support the various VGA, bootable devices and add-on devices.
The IntelIRCSetup screen has items that allow you to change the processor and chipset settings.
Here are the advanced processor settings in the IntelIRCSetup menu.
Next up is the Thermal Configuration settings.
Now we are looking at the Server Management BIOS screen. Here you can change server management status and find the IP address to connect to for IPMI/iKVM.
The Security menu allows you to changes passwords, and customizes the secure boot settings.
The boot menu allows you to change options on how the system will boot.
The Monitor menu allows you to see various system temperatures and power status and change fan settings.
The ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L comes with three driver DVD's:
S556: ASWM Enterprise SDVD Durian Edition Rev 3.0
S557: ASMB7 Support DVD Rev 6.0
S558: P9A-I Series SDVD Rev 1.0
Let us take look at the S558: P9A-I Series SDVD Rev 1.0 disk that has drivers for the P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L.
After inserting the S558: P9A-I Series SDVD Rev 1.0 driver disk, you will see the main menu. This has all the drivers you will need to get your motherboard up and running.
The Utilities menu shows the applications and utilities that you can install.
The make disk menu will create a RAID controller driver disk for you using the Marvell 9485 SAS/SATA controller.
The manual menu contains the P9A-I user guide.
The contact menu contains contact information in case you should need it.
After inserting the S557: ASMB7 Support DVD Rev 6.0, you will see this menu.
The Manual menu has a series of manuals for ASWM Enterprise.
Remote Access is supplied by the IPMI 2.0 with virtual media over LAN and KVM over LAN support. Be sure to have a LAN cable plugged into the dedicated IPMI LAN port.
We find our remote access IP address located in the BIOS under the IPMI Tab. In our case, this was 126.96.36.199. Enter that into your browser and you will see the login screen.
As a best practice, administrative users should change factory default Username/Password logins before connecting any new server to their network.
After logging in, we come to the home screen and system information is displayed. There is also a remote control option for iKVM.
The next tab is FRU (Field Replacement Unit) menu.
Next up is the Server Health menu. This shows temperatures and voltages for the server.
The Configuration menu allows you to change many features on the server, Active Directory settings, DNS, LDAP and many more.
The Remote Control menu allows you to power on, shut down, restart and cycle the server.
The Miscellaneous menu allows you to update the firmware and restore factory defaults.
The ASUS ASWM Enterprise software gives the user a powerful interface for managing one or more servers on the network. We did not install this so we are showing a sample screen shot here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung should unveil dual-screen, foldable phone NEXT MONTH
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 gets into the Halloween spirit
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct