The main supporting features of this motherboard are its large number of SATA ports and PCIe slots, which give storage and RAID options right out of the box and plenty of expansion options.
The two LAN connections also supply basic network connectivity and provide the option to install faster network cards into the PCIe busses. The board also comes equipped with IPMI KVM as standard features.
Here we get our first look at the Supermicro X9SRL-F-O.
With 7x PCIe slots (two physical x16 are PCIe 8x electrical slots) gives ample positions for cards like storage adapters or network cards. There is plenty of clearance behind the PCIe slots, there should not be any problems installing many different types of expansion cards.
The SATA connectors have good locations on the edges of the motherboard. There should be no issues routing SATA cables to drives in the front of a case.
The X9SRL-F-O comes with a Socket LGA 2011-R that has the narrow mountings. This allows more space on the small motherboard. The area around the socket is nice and clean to allow for good airflow.
Here we see the 7x PCIe 3.0 slots, configured as below:
- Two (2) PCI-Express 3.0 x8 (in x16 Slot)
- Two (2) PCI-Express 3.0 x8 (in x8 Slot)
- Two (2) PCI-Express 3.0 x4 (in x8 Slot)
- One (1) PCI-Express 2.0 x4 (in x8 Slot)
On the left side of the motherboard starting at the top, we have:
- COM port
- IPMI/BMC enable jumper
- TPM Header
- 3x Internal USB Headers
- Serial Link general-purpose header
- Disk On Module Power Header
- Legacy Wake On LAN header
- Internal Type A USB port
The bottom left side of the motherboard has the storage connections. Starting after the Type A USB connector of the left we have:
- Internal SATA ports 0-3 (3Gb/s, RAID 0,1,5,10) via SCU
- The blue jumper is ME Update
- Next to that is a black jumper for Chassis Intrusion
- The white header is Thermal fan header for I/O add-on cards
The next row of black SATA ports are Internal SATA ports 2-5 (3Gb/s) via PCH. The white SATA ports are Internal SATA ports 0-1 (6Gb/s) via PCH. Moving a little further on the bottom of the motherboard, we find:
- 2x Serial Link General Purpose I/O headers (5V Gen1/Gen2)
- Next is a JTAG header
- White System Thermal Fan header
Right after the white fan header we find:
- Front Panel Header
- With the Blue jumpers is the Watch Dog Timer reset jumper
- Power LED, Speaker Header
- 2x White System Thermal Fan header
- 24-pin Main ATX Power Connector
- 8-pin Secondary Power Connector
- Power Supply SMBus 12C Header
Looking at the back IO ports now:
- PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard connector
- IPMI Network port with 2x USB ports
- COM Port
- VGA Port
- 2x LAN ports
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Evil Dead game may not star original Ash
- Epic Store tried to force sale onto devs, and it didn't work
- Wanking Simulator teases best wanking experience ever
- Black Ops 5 coming in 2020 from Treyarch
- Blizzard should bring more games to the Nintendo Switch
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- ASUS ROG Strix XG49VQ Review: 32:9 Gaming Goodness At 144Hz
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- What F number ?
- ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 7 Motherboard Preview
- Project Nimbus: Complete Edition Clear For Takeoff On Nintendo Switch
- BOOM! Nexon and Final Strike Games Reveal New Title, Rocket Arena, Entering Closed Beta May 23rd
- CEMEX Ventures Invests In Energy Vault To Support Rapid Deployment Of Energy Store Technology Using Concrete Blocks
- Beware...the Zombie Hordes Are Evolving in Horror Survival Rogue-lite Deadly Days
- Talisman: Origins, A New Video Game Based On The Cult Favorite Fantasy Board Game, Comes To PC And Mobile Devices Today