Close up with the PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280 3GB OC
Moving past the bundle, and on to the card itself, you can see that the PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280 3GB OC is a good looking card with that black PCB, and the great looking black and red shroud with its two 90mm fans sitting in it. Behind that, we've got a massive heat sink that covers just about the entire card, along with a number of copper heat pipes to help keep the core as cool as possible. We'll find out just how well the cooler performs later on.
Moving away from the front of the card, and taking a quick spin around it, you can see at the top rear we have our two power connectors in the form of a single 6-pin PCIe, and single 8-pin PCIe power connector. Staying across the top, but moving closer to the front, you can see we've got a dual BIOS switch, along with two CrossFire connectors that we'll be making use of today.
We finish up our look at the PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280 3GB OC today with the I/O side of things. Here we've got a Dual Link DVI-I connector, along with a HDMI port, and two Mini DisplayPort connectors. I love the fact that PowerColor has opted for two MiniDP ports, instead of just the single, larger DisplayPort. What's disappointing is that PowerColor hasn't chosen to include a MiniDP to DisplayPort connector in the bundle.
As we mentioned on the first page, the PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280 3GB OC is an overclocked model, as the name would suggest. Out of the box, the reference clocks on a R9 280 3GB are 933MHz on the core, and 5000MHz QDR on the 3GB of GDDR5 memory.
Looking above, you can see that while PowerColor has chosen to not worry about increasing the memory clock, they have bumped the core clock slightly to 960MHz. Along with that, though, the other main piece of information we want to take away from here is that the setup is indeed running in CrossFire. If you look across the bottom, you can see that CrossFire is enabled via two GPUs, which is exactly what we want to see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro: Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman: Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]