HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
Even though the XP941 128GB is a bit slower at sequential reads on paper, in practice, the drive is a little faster on average than the 256GB model and nearly as fast as the 512GB XP941. We averaged a sequential read with 64KB blocks at 932.8 MB/s.
We did notice a large reduction in sequential write performance due to the limited parallelism when writing to the flash.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 184.108.40.206
Here we see the sequential read and write performance after running the sequential and random tests in HD Tune Pro.
The XP941 128GB slows quite a bit when writing data at the same time background activity is taking place. This isn't anything new for Samsung SSDs - the issue dates back before the 830 Series and only addressed recently with the 850 Pro SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz