HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
Even though the XP941 128GB is a bit slower at sequential reads on paper, in practice, the drive is a little faster on average than the 256GB model and nearly as fast as the 512GB XP941. We averaged a sequential read with 64KB blocks at 932.8 MB/s.
We did notice a large reduction in sequential write performance due to the limited parallelism when writing to the flash.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
Here we see the sequential read and write performance after running the sequential and random tests in HD Tune Pro.
The XP941 128GB slows quite a bit when writing data at the same time background activity is taking place. This isn't anything new for Samsung SSDs - the issue dates back before the 830 Series and only addressed recently with the 850 Pro SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- QLOC to port Dark Souls Remastered to respective platforms
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series