HD Tune Pro - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
Even though the XP941 128GB is a bit slower at sequential reads on paper, in practice, the drive is a little faster on average than the 256GB model and nearly as fast as the 512GB XP941. We averaged a sequential read with 64KB blocks at 932.8 MB/s.
We did notice a large reduction in sequential write performance due to the limited parallelism when writing to the flash.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
Here we see the sequential read and write performance after running the sequential and random tests in HD Tune Pro.
The XP941 128GB slows quite a bit when writing data at the same time background activity is taking place. This isn't anything new for Samsung SSDs - the issue dates back before the 830 Series and only addressed recently with the 850 Pro SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit