OCZ ARC 100 Series 240GB SSD
Although OCZ set the ARC 100 Series in a value category, you wouldn't know it from looking at the full color packaging or the actual drive.
The back of the retail package covers the features and talks about the target market.
Inside, we found the drive in a plastic shell and a paper pamphlet that doubles as guide and a warranty document.
OCZ uses one of the best drive cases on the market today - the aluminum case has some weight to it. OCZ uses the case as a heat sink for the controller, flash and DRAM. Although the ARC 100 is a value product, OCZ didn't cut any corners with the build quality.
I think this is important to express because the company could have moved to a plastic case or a paper thin steel case like some of the other companies have used in the past on value based products. OCZ didn't and it should be noted.
OCZ used a 6.7mm z-height case for the ARC 100. I can't say for sure why the company didn't go with the standard 7mm design, but the reduced height shouldn't be an issue in your notebook, Ultrabook or desktop.
Inside, we found a drive with sixteen NAND flash packages, two Micron DRAM packages and a controller.
The controller is an Indilinx M10, the same used on the Vertex 460.
This is Toshiba's new A19 NAND flash. A19 is second generation 19nm flash with 19mm x 19.5mm die, shrunk from 19mm x 27mm. When asked, OCZ stated the flash used in the ARC 100 is 2-plane. Toshiba also makes a faster 4-plane version.
There are two Micro DRAM packages on the 240GB ARC 100, one on each side.
The back of side of the PCB shows more power distribution components, more than what we normally see on value based products.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Edward Snowden: NSA tracks ALL Bitcoin users private info
- PowerColor Radeon RX Vega Red Dragon: triple-fan custom card
- Qualcomm Snapdragon-powered notebooks: EPIC battery life
- PlayStation and Xbox cross-play is inevitable, says Epic
- Witcher series passes 33 million cumulative sales
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit