8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The Intel DC P3700 averages 275,367 IOPS at 256 OIO. The FlashMAX II averages 207,859 IOPS, and the Micron P420m tops the chart with a blistering 387,785 IOPS. Once again, the FlashMAX II and the DC P3700 trade blows at lower OIO. The FlashMAX II features a proprietary interface, vFAS, that runs on the host system and helps provide excellent performance at low OIO.
The P420m provides great latency once it can capitalize on the high OIO that unlocks its parallelism advantage.
The DC P3700 and FlashMAX II remain competitive in this test, and the P420m shoots out to the side with very high peak performance.
The DC P3700 averages 66,082 IOPS at 256 OIO, the P420m hits 79,633 IOPS, and the FlashMAX II tops out at a speed of 59,279 IOPS at 256 OIO. The P3700 delivers higher performance at 8 OIO than during the rest of the test. The DC P3700 exhibits excellent performance during heavy write workloads.
There are no surprises as the P3700 continues to lead in heavy write workloads.
The 8k mixed workload results reveal the DC P3700 taking the lead quicker as we mix in more write activity. 8k mixed activity is one of the most common workloads experienced while using databases, and the DC P3700 scores excellent in this test.
The DC P3700 delivers expected latency characteristics during the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel tease Core i9-9900KS: rocks out at 5GHz on all 8 cores
- Watch AMD's Computex 2019 keynote here: Zen 2, X570, Navi
- Xbox SDK now includes streaming API for Project xCloud
- Expect caveats with Microsoft's Project xCloud streaming
- Microsoft's E3 2019 conference will last 2 hours
- Layers of Fear 2 Review: Lynchian Horror at its Finest
- SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0
- Freesync not working on monitor?
- Type SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Aussie Indie Studio Melt Games Releases Endless Adventures In Mount Frosty
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Surpasses 16 Million Players Worldwide
- Cambridge Mobile Telematics Releases Data on Driving Behaviors around Memorial Day Weekend
- Bust a Move and Break a Sweat 'Wave Circles' is Now Available on Steam
- Futuristic Co-op Action RPG Killsquad Coming to Early Access on Steam this Summer