Intel DC P3700 1.6TB Design
The Intel DC P3700, P3600, and P3500 are also available in a 2.5" 15mm form factor.
The DC P3700 has a large heat sink that covers the face of the single PCB design. The previous generation Intel 910 had three PCBs. A single PCB is preferable because it minimizes the number of possible failure points, and Intel can pack up to 2TB on one PCB. The bottom of the PCB also houses two packages of Micron DRAM; the 1.6TB capacity point packs 2.5 GB of ECC DDR3-1600 cache. A row of four LEDs along the edge of the PCB near the bracket signals the DC P3700's operating status.
The large heat sink hides the 18-channel Intel proprietary controller, and the remainder of the 30 HET MLC packages. The Intel DC P3700 features 25% overprovisioning. We also note a separate heat sink protruding from the side of the main heat sink.
The heat sink consists of two separate pieces that cool NAND and one component that cools the controller. This passive heat sink arrangement requires 300 LFM and is designed for the horizontal airflow found in servers.
Management and Specifications
The Intel Solid-State Drive Datacenter Tool (ISSDCT) is a CLI-based utility that provides management capabilities like SMART monitoring, secure erase, firmware updating, an endurance analyzer, and other features for Intel datacenter drives. This spartan management system lacks much of the refinement and monitoring capabilities provided by other PCIe SSD manufacturers. The P series supports out-of-band management through SMBus and I2C.
Intel specifications include iops, MB/s, latency, and QOS measurements. The DC P3700 is bootable with UEFI and supported operating systems, and presents itself as one volume. The 400GB capacity requires airflow of 200LFM, and the higher-capacity models need 300LFM. Link State Power Management provides power management features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard