Intel DC P3700 1.6TB Design
The Intel DC P3700, P3600, and P3500 are also available in a 2.5" 15mm form factor.
The DC P3700 has a large heat sink that covers the face of the single PCB design. The previous generation Intel 910 had three PCBs. A single PCB is preferable because it minimizes the number of possible failure points, and Intel can pack up to 2TB on one PCB. The bottom of the PCB also houses two packages of Micron DRAM; the 1.6TB capacity point packs 2.5 GB of ECC DDR3-1600 cache. A row of four LEDs along the edge of the PCB near the bracket signals the DC P3700's operating status.
The large heat sink hides the 18-channel Intel proprietary controller, and the remainder of the 30 HET MLC packages. The Intel DC P3700 features 25% overprovisioning. We also note a separate heat sink protruding from the side of the main heat sink.
The heat sink consists of two separate pieces that cool NAND and one component that cools the controller. This passive heat sink arrangement requires 300 LFM and is designed for the horizontal airflow found in servers.
Management and Specifications
The Intel Solid-State Drive Datacenter Tool (ISSDCT) is a CLI-based utility that provides management capabilities like SMART monitoring, secure erase, firmware updating, an endurance analyzer, and other features for Intel datacenter drives. This spartan management system lacks much of the refinement and monitoring capabilities provided by other PCIe SSD manufacturers. The P series supports out-of-band management through SMBus and I2C.
Intel specifications include iops, MB/s, latency, and QOS measurements. The DC P3700 is bootable with UEFI and supported operating systems, and presents itself as one volume. The 400GB capacity requires airflow of 200LFM, and the higher-capacity models need 300LFM. Link State Power Management provides power management features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo signals 3DS retirement, ignores it in presentation
- Switch digital revenue nearly doubles, software up 86%
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!