Intel DC P3700 1.6TB Design
The Intel DC P3700, P3600, and P3500 are also available in a 2.5" 15mm form factor.
The DC P3700 has a large heat sink that covers the face of the single PCB design. The previous generation Intel 910 had three PCBs. A single PCB is preferable because it minimizes the number of possible failure points, and Intel can pack up to 2TB on one PCB. The bottom of the PCB also houses two packages of Micron DRAM; the 1.6TB capacity point packs 2.5 GB of ECC DDR3-1600 cache. A row of four LEDs along the edge of the PCB near the bracket signals the DC P3700's operating status.
The large heat sink hides the 18-channel Intel proprietary controller, and the remainder of the 30 HET MLC packages. The Intel DC P3700 features 25% overprovisioning. We also note a separate heat sink protruding from the side of the main heat sink.
The heat sink consists of two separate pieces that cool NAND and one component that cools the controller. This passive heat sink arrangement requires 300 LFM and is designed for the horizontal airflow found in servers.
Management and Specifications
The Intel Solid-State Drive Datacenter Tool (ISSDCT) is a CLI-based utility that provides management capabilities like SMART monitoring, secure erase, firmware updating, an endurance analyzer, and other features for Intel datacenter drives. This spartan management system lacks much of the refinement and monitoring capabilities provided by other PCIe SSD manufacturers. The P series supports out-of-band management through SMBus and I2C.
Intel specifications include iops, MB/s, latency, and QOS measurements. The DC P3700 is bootable with UEFI and supported operating systems, and presents itself as one volume. The 400GB capacity requires airflow of 200LFM, and the higher-capacity models need 300LFM. Link State Power Management provides power management features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series