CPU-Cooler UC-2 Water Block
The first part of the kit we want to cover is the CPU-Cooler UC-2 water block. This will, of course, cool any Intel processor since, and including, LGA775. Looking closely at the sticker, we see we have the Black Edition block.
The block is packed well, with dense foam surrounding it on all sides. We find an insert warning that you do not use a wrench to tighten the fittings sitting next to the UC-2LT with Intel mounting hardware already in place. We also see some TIM, two sets of motherboard studs, two sets of washers in nylon and metal, four nuts, a wrench, springs, and thumbscrews to lock it all down.
Everything about the Phobya UC-2LT Black Edition is black with the exception of the naming, denotations of flow for the fittings, and the copper of the base. The bracket is very solid, and offers oval holes at the ends to fit various Intel sockets without the need to mess around with the block.
On top of the dense foam used all around this CPU block, we find that the copper plate also ships with a plastic protective film that needs to be removed prior to installation. This not only helps fight small scratches, but it also keeps the surface in the same cleaned state that it was in prior to being sent from Phobya.
The block is higher in the middle, but only slightly, and this will help with getting great socket pressure against the IHS as well. The surface has been milled, but there is little polishing done.
We then pulled out the copper plated screws (a handy way of doing away with mixed metals). We find the copper plate has tiny micro-fins cut into the plate from one side to the other. On top of that is a plastic diverter insert that forces the flow through the center, and out of both sides to return to the loop.
To maintain a good seal between the two halves, a large, round o-ring is seated in the top half, around the outside edge. To force the water through the diverter, there is an inner washer to seal the flow off to that direction only. All sides of the fins are cut away here to provide the heated coolant with an easy way out, and back into the loop.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- CD Projekt RED opens new studio to work on Cyberpunk 2077
- Tencent to publish Ubisoft's biggest games in China
- Vivendi cancels Ubisoft takeover, to sell all company shares
- Bizarre horror game Agony delayed
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit