Accessories and Documentation
Most of the hardware offered can be seen in this image. There are four zip ties across the top, which are followed up with standoffs and a socket, slot load mounting screws, thumbscrews, four M3 screws, and a small handful of 6/32 screws for the motherboard and PSU.
The other thing we found in the box was this dust filter. It is thin and pliable, but one side of the frame is magnetized. This allows the filter to stick to the chassis and cover the PSU intake on the back, while allowing for fast removal and cleaning.
The RV05 manual is very thorough. It shows the chassis in every configuration and viewing angle as it points out how it all works. There are also written directions on how to remove the panels, which is why this box is found outside of the chassis. After that, there is a step-by-step guide of how to get everything into the chassis, including wiring diagrams.
In case you missed it, we snapped this image when we addressed the bottom of the chassis. This shows the top fan location and size, but it also shows three views of the floor in varying fan configurations to point out the compatibility offered here.
After removing the 3.5" drive bay, we can see there is room for only two drives. We can also can see that they simply slide into this rack, and via the pair of holes at the left edge of the side facing us, they are held in place with only the thumbscrews from the hardware.
The plastic slot load optical drive bay is pretty standard. It is deep enough to accept the drives as well as having the offset tab to put those tiny screws through to securely mount the device in, and then via three screws, the tray is then held into the chassis.
We were also supplied with this Strider Gold S Series 750W power supply for two reasons. One of those reasons is that this PSU fits the size requirements needed if you plan to leave the HDD rack in place. The second, and more important reason is that this PSU comes with flat cables for all of the leads, which will make wiring behind the motherboard tray a breeze.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [SilverStone Raven SST-RV05B-W Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the SST-RV05B-W]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA play huge role in smart car race with Xavier
- Reddit will have its content integrated into Bing
- Hyundai to bring 38 green cars to the market
- Astronauts will watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi From Space
- Starbucks 'Free' Wi-Fi mines Bitcoin while connected
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series