Inside the SST-RV05B-W
With the releases pushed just inside the lips of the top of the chassis, we lifted the side panels off the chassis. At the front of the chassis, even above the steel section, we found a pair of high to low fan switches, one for each of the 180mm AP fans at the bottom, to allow some form of control.
Behind the front bezel we find a long expanse of solid steel, with the wiring coming out of a wide and longer cutout. This allows the front panel wiring to go any way you need to it to go cleanly, and even offers a place to tuck back some extra wiring, as the actual bezel is quite a distance in front of this.
Looking at the top of the Raven, we find the PSU mounting area off to the left, seven expansions slots that use screws for securing, and two mesh cutouts next to them. Then we also have the optional 120mm fan location to the right, just above the rear I/O, which is perfect for single radiator AIO usage.
This explains the angle of the Window. The motherboard tray takes the same angle as the main section of the chassis. While the larger section to the left allows for most of the motherboard to be mounted, to the right, after the gap for CPU cooler clearance, are two tabs to support the top of the motherboard.
Looking back at the floor of the chassis, we can see the directional grills that AP fans are known for, and it will keep your hands out of them if you are playing around inside with the system powered. Each fan is wired to a switch at the top, but also wired to these fans are sleeved three-pin leads that need power to run the fans.
The back of the chassis allows a PSU to hang from the top and breathe through the mesh area stamped into the panel. Below that is the plastic, two bay, 3.5" drive storage rack. If you have no plans for spinners in the chassis, this rack can be completely removed.
Looking behind the motherboard tray, we can see that it is inset a fair bit, but you will easily run out of room here with thicker cables. To the left there is a plastic tray that allows a slot load optical to be installed, while to the right it is completely open to pass wiring through easily. Also, in the center section, the tray is cut to house a pair of 2.5" drives.
All of the cabling is sleeved, right down to the connections. The PWR_LED connection comes in two-pin form, or there are two separated leads for three-pin setups. The power and reset button connections follow, and then we find the native USB 3.0 cable, and the HD audio lead nearest to the chassis.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [SilverStone Raven SST-RV05B-W Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the SST-RV05B-W]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda promises deep dive into DOOM Eternal at E3 2019
- Valve boss Gabe Newell talks about Halo coming to the PC
- Master Chief Collection on PC won't support Play Anywhere
- NVIDIA unlocks ray tracing on some GeForce GTX series cards
- Master Chief Collection PC beta tests announced
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Addlink S70 NVMe SSD Review - Phison E12
- Electrifying 3v3 Asymmetrical Shooter Aftercharge Premieres New Characters at the Indie Megabooth during PAX East
- VIPER GAMING attends PAX EAST 2019 with New Gaming Products
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration