Installation and Finished Product
To start the installation process, we went ahead and installed the 120mm fans. As a tip to keep in mind, start all twelve of the screws, before you send them all home. There is just enough room for the fans, and this will relieve possible binding issues when going to install that last fan.
We also had to carefully look at the ends of the clips that slip into the top bracket to make sure we are set for LGA115X. At this point, we need to take this to the head unit and align the tabs.
After the tabs are all grabbing the accompanying tabs on the head unit, and you have the four corners where you want them, you then take that snap-ring, and lock the head unit to the top plate, and make it one solid component to mount to the motherboard.
To prep the motherboard, all we had to do was adjust the sliding points at the corners to line up with the holes, and we also were sure to attach the back plate to the motherboard with use of the adhesive foam pads supplied to us.
Yes, we realize the head unit is turned ninety degrees to the left, but this is the only way we could align it and still mount the radiator to the top of our chassis. To get here, simply side in the thumbscrews into the clips, and then screw them in an X pattern, until they stop spinning for the best mounting pressure.
As we step back to have a look at how the Water 3.0 Ultimate AIO had to be installed to the D-Frame, unlike others, we could actually install it this way, and we still have gentle curve in the tubing. With many cases already offering water cooling support in the top, and many more offering room down the front, maybe a triple radiator AIO just needed enough case support to be lucrative, but Thermaltake is leading the charge.
We didn't really have anything more to cover other than this coolers much larger need for space. If anything, this image just gives a great perspective on just how large and in charge the Water 3.0 Ultimate is.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series