FlashMAX II Design
The HGST FlashMAX II comes in a slim HHHL form factor that allows installation into every major server platform. This dense configuration packs 3,072 GB of raw capacity with 2,222 GB user-addressable space in the Capacity configuration. The device features a PCIe 2.0 x8 connection.
The drive comes in single PCB arrangements for smaller capacities, but the 2.2TB model features a two PCB configuration. There are large black heat sinks to facilitate thermal transfer from underlying components. We observe four rather large capacitors peeking out from underneath the edge of the device. These provide enough power to flush all data in transit down to the NAND in the event of a host power-loss event.
The bracket has holes to facilitate airflow and features two LED lights that denote drive activity and error states through various flashing codes.
Dissembling the device reveals two separate PCBs that interconnect through mating connectors on the edge of the PCB's. There are two additional shrouds that cover the FPGA's present on each board.
Once laid bare we observe the 20nm Intel MLC NAND packages. The 2.2TB FlashMAX utilizes 4GB of system RAM for operation.
FlashMAX II Specifications
HGST's FlashMAX II is bootable with UEFI and supported operating systems. The warranty period is notably shorter than competing products at three years. There are varying airflow requirements for each model, and all require a PCIe Gen 2 x8 electrical connection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit