Inside the Neos
Upon removing the bezel, we find the wiring stays attached to the chassis, and easy access is given to remove the bay covers. On the front of the frame there are knock-out covers in the ODD bays. Below that is a large dust filter for the intake, although you do have to remove the bezel to remove the filter for cleaning.
Our first glance inside of the chassis shows that the wiring is left free to run around in the chassis during transit. Also, if you look closely at the bottom of the storage racks, you can see a bag with the hardware and paperwork.
Since the wiring blocks off the use of the top ODD bay, only the bottom two bays offer tool-free clips to lock drives into place. They are pretty solid on their own, but there is also the option to use screws to make sure the drive does not move.
For storage drives, we find a thin top rack that houses three 2.5" drives on removable trays, and a matching one below, which is slightly larger in order to accommodate 3.5" drives. All of this is ventilated with large holes to allow optional fans a chance at getting air into the main section of the interior.
The motherboard tray is placed high in the chassis, with little room above the motherboard. This will house Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, and ATX motherboards, while offering six wire management holes, and a few places to tie wiring down.
The floor of the chassis is only ventilated at the back, for the PSU. To support the PSU, there are bumps of steel to space the fan grill from the floor. There are also tight side tabs that the PSU must slide into before it is screwed into place at the rear of the chassis.
The back of the chassis houses the only fan sent with the Neos. Of course, since they make so many varieties of fans with and without LEDs to match the mesh, why fill the chassis with these plain 120mm fans for the exhaust?
Behind the motherboard tray there is only room for flat cable PSUs that use either a ribbon style lead, or are individually sleeved; typical leads are too thick. Off to the left, there is a bit more room for the chassis wiring to run where the management holes are, and you can stash some in the unused storage bays since the window won't show a view of it
We do like that all of the wiring, including the USB 2.0 connection, the native USB 3.0 connection, the ribbon style cable for the buttons and LEDs, and even the HD audio cable, is sleeved in black with black ends. In a white chassis, they are high contrast and part of the aesthetic, but they will disappear in the black version.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [BitFenix Neos Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Neos]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox will 'go big' with streaming at E3 2019
- $399 Oculus Rift S has inside-out tracking, 1440p resolution
- No, Disney won't make its own Star Wars games
- Cuphead coming to Switch with Xbox LIVE integration
- Obsidian's new Outer Worlds skips Steam
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today