Sony is known for making some great cameras, so why not use that expertise when baking in the 20.7-megapixel sensor into the Xperia Z2. Not only has Sony installed an amazing camera into the Z2, but the software is quite powerful, too.
There are a few different modes you can take photos with, with the one that most people will end up using being the first, and default option: Superior auto. But, there are varying modes that you can use, with some of them being purely for fun, but there's even a 'Background defocus' mode which can 'take photos with beautiful background blur like a DSLR camera'. This mode was great for capturing photos of items, such as the examples below.
Here are some photos that I captured with the Xperia Z2, with a focus being put on the 'Background defocus' option that resulted in quite a stunning picture of a can of Fanta (of all things).
This is the famous can of Fanta that came out quite stunning.
Using the Superior auto mode, I was able to capture some great photos over the time of using the Z2.
The AR effect option is quite fun, something I had a bunch of laughs with my 3-year-old daughter with. She had heaps of fun playing with the different modes, pretending she was a diver, or a knight in shining armor, or many of the other modes baked into the Xperia Z2.
Even in the dark of the night, the Z2 captures some great photos.
I was able to use the Sweep Panorama mode to its full effect, capturing a beautiful rainbow in the shot above.
The ability to record 4K video on the Xperia Z2 is nothing short of stunning, but you really need the display or TV to play it back in all of its high-res glory. You'll still notice the extra pixels doing their work on a 1080p display, but once you move up to a 1440p display, or a full blown 4K TV or display, the 4K video truly stands out.
This is something that is hard to show you, as you need to see it in-person, on the phone itself. But, the Z2 is capable of shooting 120FPS video, something that looks really awesome in person. You can slow down the video, so I've got some examples below of my daughter at her swimming and dancing lessons, jumping into the pool and making a big splash or twirling around in slow motion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- MoonQuest comes to Steam Early Access 7 years later
- Nintendo Switch soon to feature 1000+ games, all regions
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1/2 screenshots & Rookie mode
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit