Sony is known for making some great cameras, so why not use that expertise when baking in the 20.7-megapixel sensor into the Xperia Z2. Not only has Sony installed an amazing camera into the Z2, but the software is quite powerful, too.
There are a few different modes you can take photos with, with the one that most people will end up using being the first, and default option: Superior auto. But, there are varying modes that you can use, with some of them being purely for fun, but there's even a 'Background defocus' mode which can 'take photos with beautiful background blur like a DSLR camera'. This mode was great for capturing photos of items, such as the examples below.
Here are some photos that I captured with the Xperia Z2, with a focus being put on the 'Background defocus' option that resulted in quite a stunning picture of a can of Fanta (of all things).
This is the famous can of Fanta that came out quite stunning.
Using the Superior auto mode, I was able to capture some great photos over the time of using the Z2.
The AR effect option is quite fun, something I had a bunch of laughs with my 3-year-old daughter with. She had heaps of fun playing with the different modes, pretending she was a diver, or a knight in shining armor, or many of the other modes baked into the Xperia Z2.
Even in the dark of the night, the Z2 captures some great photos.
I was able to use the Sweep Panorama mode to its full effect, capturing a beautiful rainbow in the shot above.
The ability to record 4K video on the Xperia Z2 is nothing short of stunning, but you really need the display or TV to play it back in all of its high-res glory. You'll still notice the extra pixels doing their work on a 1080p display, but once you move up to a 1440p display, or a full blown 4K TV or display, the 4K video truly stands out.
This is something that is hard to show you, as you need to see it in-person, on the phone itself. But, the Z2 is capable of shooting 120FPS video, something that looks really awesome in person. You can slow down the video, so I've got some examples below of my daughter at her swimming and dancing lessons, jumping into the pool and making a big splash or twirling around in slow motion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam