Case Build and Finished Product
While we were safe with our choice of AIO to cool our CPU, since it has rubber strips already in place, the lack of mounting screws that we could use won't add any extra vibrations. However, we did test this with an EK and Swiftech radiator, and found no issues there; just a heads up for AIO users.
Another issue we found was with the PSU bracket. At least the screws are long enough to compensate for the fact that the bracket does not clear the socket to power the PSU. We are held in with a couple threads here, but the other side is, of course, screwed all the way down.
As much as we tried, with our components, we just were not happy with the finished results. The motherboard, AIO, GPU, and SSD look clean, and even where the wiring begins at the right, we are still okay with things. The fact that the USB cables have to pass over the motherboard to be connected is just too much to handle in a chassis of this cost. It is in no way a pleasure to try to wire cleanly, and we barely have any gear in this case.
As we spin around to the back, we find some really tacky wire management where we had to invent tie points at either end, and strap multiple wires together to even be presentable. A cover would have been nice, or how about some of those brass inserts for wire management like we saw on the front? Tacky.
Even once we reinstalled the tinted side glass, we can still plainly see the wire management. If this chassis is obviously designed to be seen from every angle, we feel this is a drastic oversight in this design, as is the lack of a CPU access hole.
Now that everything is back together, we take a few minutes to admire all of the time and energy it takes to continuously spin this forty pound monster to wire it and mount the components. It was a lot of work, and we just aren't that happy with what we had to do with our choice of components.
Once the chassis is powered on, there is the occasional flicker of the HDD LED at the bottom of the I/O, but the power button at the top stays illuminated as long as the chassis is powered. Another thing to keep in mind is that this chassis is completely silent; although, noise level is up to you, as the choice of fans and cooler is what will set the tone here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [IN WIN S-Frame Open-Air Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the S-Frame]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit