Accessories and Documentation
We found the first bits of hardware inside of the bag, but they were not separated into other bags. We found the AMD brackets for the head unit, and there is a universal backplate to go with this kit. We also get a metal case badge of the Gamer Storm logo.
The rest of the kit was found in two other bags. The one to the left still has the set of four LGA2011 mounting screws in it, but we removed the goodies from the other bag. There we found the LGA115X/1366 brackets, plastic isolation caps that lock the studs into the backplate, and four screws to mount the head unit to the rest of the hardware.
Off to the right, we find fan screws for a single radiator kit since this was an early sample, but they have provided us (and the retail kits) with a full set to use. We also see the studs for the backplate, and four small screws at the bottom to mount the brackets to the head unit.
The user manual provided covers everything you will need to know. Things start off with a checklist of goods, so you can be sure you have everything you need to get this AIO installed and running on your system. Both illustrations and text will guide you through any issues that may arise.
Gamer Storm is going to be releasing these GF120 fans, and there will also be 140mm versions available for purchase, but they are making their debut with this Maelstrom 240, and the 120. However, these fans will not be on the 120X. These are four-pin PWM, and the blades of these fans are completely removable for easy cleaning and maintenance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Gamer Storm Maelstrom 240 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Astronauts will watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi From Space
- Starbucks 'Free' Wi-Fi mines Bitcoin while connected
- Former Facebook exec: Bitcoin will reach $1 million
- AMD Ryzen APU with Vega GPU leaked, but is already available
- Battlegrounds hits nearly 500,000 players on Xbox One so far
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series