Intel SSD Pro 2500 240GB SSD
Outside, the Intel SSD Pro 2500 looks nearly identical to the consumer SSD 530 we tested a few months back.
The rear label shows the model number, serial number, firmware, and other information for the drive.
Intel chose a 7mm case design for the SSD Pro 2500. Many new Ultrabook designs were tailored for business use and the 7mm housing fits most Ultrabooks, as well as business notebooks.
Inside we found a controller co-labeled with Intel and LSI. The controller is the familiar SF-2281 and Intel paired it with 20nm SK Hynix flash.
Here we get a closer look at the controller. Over the last year, we've seen Intel and Kingston with custom labels on SF-2281 controllers.
A few months back, we toured Intel's SSD validation lab and spotted a few SSDs with SK Hynix NAND flash. This is the third SATA III SSD we've tested with SK Hynix flash, the first being from SK Hynix directly and the other from Corsair. In all cases, we found the flash to work very well and paired with the SK Hynix owned Link_A_Media Devices, performed better than 20nm Micron flash.
Intel chose the highest available parallelism for the flash, using sixteen packages.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- PAYDAY 2 coming to the Nintendo Switch in February 2018
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series