In the last three months, my family had a handful of fraudulent credit card transactions occur on the same card. We caught the transactions and were able to avoid big hassles with the bank before things got out of control. Till this day, we still don't know what company allowed our information to escape its network and we're not happy about it. Nearly every day we hear about companies losing unsecured notebooks and the thousands of people affected.
A recent study estimated the average cost of a lost or stolen business notebook is $50,000. If I was a system administrator, I would be very worried about what documents, company secrets and other information employees are taking home with them each day. With an average of 50K, imagine what a worst-case scenario would be. Hardware-based encryption is an easy solution to help combat these issues. Intel is making it easy for administrators to not only lock down the data, but to remotely manage the data as well.
One area we have yet to talk about in this review is Intel's new TCO tool. By using faster storage, business users don't need to upgrade notebooks as often as notebooks with mechanical storage. SSDs are now more reliable than mechanical storage as well, so end-users won't need their systems reimaged as often. The lower power consumption also plays a role here, since the notebooks use less power and that leads to longer intervals between replacing batteries.
I'm sure we are all thankful that Intel has made these tools available to more than just the OEM market. Now your business can take advantage of managed SSD storage encryption.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Leak: Mortal Kombat 11 for Switch scheduled for May 10 debut
- Fry Cry New Dawn story trailer - 'The Father' is now an ally
- Metro Exodus has transforming guns
- Anthem is finalized and ready for shipment
- Crytek making new AAA online game
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Frontline Workers Frequently Turn to Unapproved Messaging Apps for Work-Related Communications, Unbeknownst to HR
- Tactical Guild Management 'Guilds of Delenar' Coming to Steam Early Access in March
- Nokia to publish fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 report on January 31, 2019
- Miasma Caves Explores Steam Early Access Today
- Alternate Between Two Parallel Universes to Help a Girl Retrieve Her Memories in REHTONA